TCP/IP over Compact PCI backplane

Are there kernel mods, official or otherwise, that would allow me to
use a compact pci backplane as a network?  I have 4 SBC's in a compact
pci chassis and would like to have the backplane serve as a backup
network for fault tolerance purposes.  Thanks.

Matt

Re: TCP/IP over Compact PCI backplane

Just a warning...with certain Motorola backplanes there have been
assorted bugs that can lock up the backplane, requiring a power cycle to
clear.

We ended up having to use fiberchannel between blades instead...at a
significant cost.

Chris

Re: TCP/IP over Compact PCI backplane

Fibre isn't an option.  The boards only have copper 100-T on the front
and the cPCI backplane.

Matt

Re: TCP/IP over Compact PCI backplane

Maybe you can do something with shared memory and pipes.
--
JosephKK