problem - 8bytes aligned malloc() for PowerPC

Hello, I'm completely new and stupid in embedded Linux for PowerPC. My embedded PowerPC has 32-byte cache line size. Therefore I would like to get always chunks of the memory which are aligned to 32 bytes boundary. But running simple test I see that's always aligned to 8 bytes boundary

- malloc(). Does anybody know how kmalloc works? How alignment in this case works? Is there some way how to enforce such aligment? I saw that QNX works the same way. Thanks.

Reply to
martinfnp