SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition

I read that Qtopia Phone Edition has a SIM card manager application. I
downloaded the "qtopia-free-source-2.1.1.tar.gz" file from Trolltech
site and checked the code, but couldn't locate the SIM Manager. Can
anyone please guide me where can I find it?

Thanks!!

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition

This is the Qtopia PDA Edition. The Qtopia Phone Edition is only available
under a commercial license.

:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer   snipped-for-privacy@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition
Thanks a lot Mickey  .... will see if I can gather some funds for that :-)

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition
Hi,

Wanted to know if there are open source SIM interface
libraries/applications/frameworks available for Linux based phones?

Basically I want to write a SMS to the SMS file  on the SIM, and maybe
even be able to read it back. My requirement is not to just send an
SMS .... I should be able to interact with the SMS file on SIM.

"Qtopia Phone Edition" from Trolltech which has a SIM manager, costs
around 200$ so couldn't check out the detailed features. Any such open
frame works?

If anyone knows of similar frameworks/SIM-solutions I would be glad to
hear from you guyz.

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition
There is a tool called GSM tool in OPIE the free version of QT.

Regards
sivam

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition

Thanks a for the input. But my requirement is not to send an SMS, but
it is to be able to write an SMS content to the SMS file residing on
the SIM, and even be able to read it back.

Can I do this using the Qtopia Phone Edition?

Or else is there any other Linux open source which helps to do this?

Re: SIM Manager in Qtopia Phone Edition
Yes..u can write to SIM using that.

Site Timeline