RTAI & LINUX: insmod rtai.o error

Hi All,

I've run into a problem while trying to insmod rtai.o in linux. This is my configuration:

Redhat Linux 7.3 kernel: 2.4.22-adeos x86

I've compiled the kernel and reboot fine. However, when i try to insmod rtai.o, i get the following unresolved symbol: "/lib/modules/2.4.22-adeos/rtai/rtai.o: unresolved symbol __adeos_unstall_root"

Does this mean the the kernel was not properly compiled?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions/insights as to how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance, Toan

Reply to
Toan

Hi [snipped]

I have one: subscribe to RTAI mailing list. There is no better place to ask this kind of question, not to mention they could help others and even help developers to track problems.

Regards.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Hi,

  1. apply rtai patches to kernel source tree: eg. cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.22 cat /rtaisourcedir/patcher/linux-2.4.22-adeos | patch -p1 rename your linux-2.4.22 to linux-2.4.22-adeos
  2. make {x,menu}config and make sure you have activated general > ADEOS support
  3. make dep && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install && make install
  4. reboot your kernel, make sure you updated lilo, grub or what ever bootloder you use
  5. clean up the /lib/module/2.4.22-adeos/rtai directory change to your rtai source dir and make {menu,x}config make dep && make install

mostly this problem is related to wrong kernel configuration or old modules that depends on other kernel configuration.

Clean up /lib/`uname -r`/rtai directory

Make sure you compile this kernel without the debugging stuff. at least with my installation i got permanent lock ups.

I myself use 2.4.23-rthal5 with rtai-24.1.13.

Hope that helps greetings Jean

Reply to
Jean Jonethal