Synplify & Fedora core 5

Dear all,

I'm trying to install a FPGA development platform under a Linux Fedora Core 5. The only tool not working is Synplify. I have tried two different versions (7.3.3 and 8.5.1) but got same problem.

when trying to launch synplify_pro i got this :

--------------------------------------------- [georges@remix0 share]$ /local/share/fpga_85/bin/synplify_pro

Warning: You are running on an unsupported platform 'synplify_pro' only supports Redhat Enterprise Linux 3,4, SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 9

current platform: Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) Kernel \r on an \m

/local/share/fpga_85/linux/mbin/synplify: relocation error: /local/share/fpga_85/linux/mfw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference [georges@remix0 share]$

The FC5 seems not to be supported, does anyone experience to make it run under FC5 ? I plan to try why a FC4, any expérience ?

Thanks in advance

Gilles

Reply to
Gilles GEORGES

Hi Gilles,

try to set the env variable

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

(when using bash) and then run Synplify. Perhaps that helps?

Best, Simon

Reply to
Simon Heinzle

Hi Simon,

I already tried this but the use of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is not supported with Fedora Core 5. Nothing working when setting this variable, so not the issue for this problem.

Thanks Gilles

Simon Heinzle a écrit :

Reply to
Gilles GEORGES

Did you try installing the compatibility libraries? The is, compat-libgcc-296 and compat-libstdc++-296.

Reply to
Duane Clark

No i didn't. I successfully made synplify running under FC4 a few minutes ago. But thanks for the compatibility library. I will try this way later.

Gilles

Reply to
Gilles GEORGES