Removing framebuffer driver module?

Hello!

I can remove my framebuffer module (in development) by installing virtual framebuffer module and assigning tty0 console to that (with con2fb), but can I somehow do this without the virtual framebuffer driver? I don't want to waste so much memory for such a little task.

Can I somehow prevent the console appearing on newly installed framebuffer in the first place?

The idea is that "main" console is on the ttyS0 and framebuffer is used only for graphical programs.

Thanks for any information!

-Tervis

Reply to
Tervis