Framebuffer problem

Hi,

I'm trying to work with the framebuffer, but I'm stuck on basics and I'm totaly new to the framebuffer stuff, and embedded :). I've tried to compile a simple program that should just paint a square on the screen

My problem is, that is not painting a square on the screen, instead it paints a lot of noncence all over the screen as if something is terribly wrong with the framebuffer. I'm totally new to this framebuffer stuff, so I don't know where to look to resolve this problem. My Linux Embedded is on a x86 architectur and lspci -vv is listed below. Using make menuconfig I see that Device drivers --> Graphics support -->

VGA 16-color graphics support VESA VGA graphics support VESA driver type (vesafb-tng) (640x480@60) VESA default mode

and Device drivers --> Graphics support --> Console display driver support Framebuffer Console support

in my grub.conf, I've tried lots and lots of different things, I've ended upp with: kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 video=sisfb:mode:1024x768x32

The output from the test program (except drawing lots of junk on screen) is: The framebuffer device was opened successfully. 1024x768, 32bpp The framebuffer device was mapped to memory successfully.

Please, help me, tell me what is wrong, or where to search for a solution??

lspci -vv:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x/M650/740 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter (prog-if 00 [VGA]) Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 8081 Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort-
Reply to
Tim Mickelson