Regarding bios display setting resolution

Hi...

I have a problem with the resolution setting in my bios. when i set 1024x768 in the bios display setting option and passing the kernel boot option as vga=0x317 or 0x314 for 1024x768 or 800x600,it is booting fine. suppose if i set 800x600 in the bios display option and passing the kernel boot option as vga=0x314 for 800x600 it is working fine, the problem is if i change vga option to 0x317 for 1024x768, it is not working and i am geting an error called

Undefined mode number. press......

What could be the probelm. please give me your valuable suggestions,

Thanks, Robert.

Reply to
robertlove6398