Freescale MCF537x BSP

Interested in information from anyone who has worked with this. I am having initial problems due to inconsistencies in the documentation (or so I think).

I started with: m537xevb-20071109-ltib.iso

Downloaded from:

I setup a new computer from scratch with SuSE 9.2 (listed as one of the tested host versions for the above) and proceeded to install per the instructions in the package. I am following what is given in: "MCF5373 Linux BSP - LTIB BSP notes & getting started guide" a PDF on the disk.

At this point the problems start:

"6. Copy over kernel, bootloader, and flash filesystem images for your deployment to the /tftpboot directory

cp /ltib/rootfs/boot/* /tftpboot cp /ltib/ /tftpboot cp /bootloaders/* /tftpboot "

The first copy isn't a problem. The second and third, however, might be. I can't identify anything that I can reliably determine to be ... there are a couple of image files on there, but I have no way of knowing if this is what they mean.

The third line refers you back to the disk image. There is no "bootloaders" directory anywhere in sight. I'm not sure where to go with this.

m537xevb-20071109-ltib.iso creates a disk with the following structure:

  • Help
  • images
  • pkgs
  • release_logs EULA Freescale_Color_Web_Logo.jpg install ltib.tar.gz Release_Notes.txt START_HERE.htm

I'd appreciate a shove in the right direction.

Also, at the risk of sounding ignorant, how does one setup a cross- development environment to start developing and testing applications for the MCF5373EVB board?

Thanks,

-Martin