howto access BIOS using serial line

hi,

i've got an ICP wafer 4821 SBC. the board has an 486 CPU and an AMI-BIOS but no
VGA connector. i managed to boot the board from a DOS floppy and can access it
using CTTY COM1:. this is fine to work with the board, however now i need to
change some bios setting - in the manual they simply say to access the bios
during booting - however since no VGA connector is available - i'm a bit lost
how to do this :-(.

does anybody know how the bios settings can be changed? i tried to use amisetup
from the serial DOS boot disk, but this doesn't work.

thanks,
Andreas

Re: howto access BIOS using serial line
I don't have any reference handy, but if I remember right,
the BIOS (well, it's non-volatile data in the CMOS) can be
accessed somehow at any time via I/O ports 0x70..0x7F.

but no
access it
bios
lost
amisetup

Re: howto access BIOS using serial line
do you know of any program for linux or dos that can be used
to do this? also do you have any documentation what values are
for an amibios?