Real-Time Linux recommendation

Dear Friends,

We made a custom SBC with MPC8260 procesoor. It has ARINC 429 and DDC
1553 on board. I request you to recommend a free Real-Time Linux and
compiler toolchain for the above board.

Also, please provide me pointers on writing a custom bootloader for
the above board.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suresh Chandra Mannava

----------------------------
Software Emgineer,
Cornet Technology India Ltd.

Re: Real-Time Linux recommendation

You may need to get or make Linux drivers for the avionics bus devices.
  This book may be helpful if you've never done this before.
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book /

as might this link be helpful:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Module-HOWTO.html

Here are some quick links to some 2.4 kernel based efforts:
http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/links/links.html

As I understand it, the 2.6 kernel has better innate Real time-ness.
This freeware distribution may be using the newer kernel:
http://www.fsmlabs.com/products/openrtlinux /

You will probably want to use the Gnu Compiler Collection (GCC) to stay
compatible with your Linux.  GCC supports C/C++ as well as Ada with the
GNAT compiler.  You may also be interested in JAva and/or FORTRAN, and I
think GCC supoorts those, too.

Good luck!

- All Bad

Site Timeline