gprof and real time linux (montavista)

Folks - Has anyone used gprof with real time linux. I'm trying to use
it but according to gprof man pages - the thread needs to run to
completion. Since I have most threads that don't run to completion -
they just wait in a delay loop for something to happen - I'm not sure
how I can generate gmon.out.

If anyone has tried this and can give some pointers that would be
really helpfull.

Thanks.
Tony

Re: gprof and real time linux (montavista)

Folks - Has anyone used gprof with real time linux. I'm trying to use
it but according to gprof man pages - the thread needs to run to
completion. Since I have most threads that don't run to completion -
they just wait in a delay loop for something to happen - I'm not sure
how I can generate gmon.out.

If anyone has tried this and can give some pointers that would be
really helpfull.

Thanks.
Tony

Re: gprof and real time linux (montavista)

It isn't possible to do profiling in the kernel space, but I'd be very
surprised if it was necessary. Why do you need to do it ?

Site Timeline