gprof and real time linux (montavista)

Folks - Has anyone used gprof with real time linux. I'm trying to use it but according to gprof man pages - the thread needs to run to completion. Since I have most threads that don't run to completion - they just wait in a delay loop for something to happen - I'm not sure how I can generate gmon.out.

If anyone has tried this and can give some pointers that would be really helpfull.

Thanks. Tony

Reply to
TonyWaria

Folks - Has anyone used gprof with real time linux. I'm trying to use it but according to gprof man pages - the thread needs to run to completion. Since I have most threads that don't run to completion - they just wait in a delay loop for something to happen - I'm not sure how I can generate gmon.out.

If anyone has tried this and can give some pointers that would be really helpfull.

Thanks. Tony

Reply to
TonyWaria

It isn't possible to do profiling in the kernel space, but I'd be very surprised if it was necessary. Why do you need to do it ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq