Re-scanning PCI devices

Hi,

I've got a system where a PCI device gets "created" after the system boots (I need to download the contents of an FPGA before I can access it as a PCI device). What I need to do is to tell the system to go out and have another look. To complicate matters, I think the guy gets born behind a transparent bridge, so I think I'll need to fiddle with the bridge's address ranges as well.

Does anyone know how to do this in 2.6.8 kernel?

I've had limited success in detecting the device, but more often then not the system just freezes.

Cheers, vedaT

Reply to
Vedat Hallac