Re-scanning PCI devices

I've got a system where a PCI device gets "created" after the system
boots (I need to download the contents of an FPGA before I can access it
as a PCI device). What I need to do is to tell the system to go out and
have another look. To complicate matters, I think the guy gets born behind
a transparent bridge, so I think I'll need to fiddle with the bridge's
address ranges as well.

Does anyone know how to do this in 2.6.8 kernel?

I've had limited success in detecting the device, but more often then not
the system just freezes.

Cheers,
vedaT

Site Timeline