dma from pci device

Hi,

I need to know if my pci device with dma capabilities can read-modify-write in one cycle. Whether such a things at all exists ?

I want to read host main memory from a pci device without the operating system modifying it till I am done, in other words I need some form of mutual exclusion.

Is this at all possible ?

your help is greatly appreciated! Allison

Reply to
fireflyblue