PREFIX help

Could someone please clue me in on how to use these when cross-compiling? Is there some docs somewhere that show this?

I am compiling on the build system with my install directory at /usr/local/arm/lib, which is the root of the cross-compiled file system. If I tell my app (konqueror embedded) to compile with libs at /usr/local/arm/lib, then konqueror looks for its libs there when it is run.... But if I tell it to use /lib, then the compile will fail because it finds incompatible libs (x86) there...

I am missing something, I know.... Is there a doc somewhere on how to use these? What do others use in their config scripts?

Thanks,

--Yan

Installation directories: --prefix=PREFIX install architecture-independent files in PREFIX [the kde prefix] --exec-prefix=EPREFIX install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX [PREFIX]

Fine tuning of the installation directories: --bindir=DIR user executables [EPREFIX/bin] --sbindir=DIR system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin] --libexecdir=DIR program executables [EPREFIX/libexec] --datadir=DIR read-only architecture-independent data [PREFIX/share] --sysconfdir=DIR read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc] --sharedstatedir=DIR modifiable architecture-independent data [PREFIX/com] --localstatedir=DIR modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var] --libdir=DIR object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib] --includedir=DIR C header files [PREFIX/include] --oldincludedir=DIR C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include] --infodir=DIR info documentation [PREFIX/info] --mandir=DIR man documentation [PREFIX/man]

Reply to
CptDondo

Yan,

Your cross-compiler toolchain should already know to look in /usr/local/arm/lib for all the standard libraries. If there are additional libraries that konqueror needs at compile-time, then you will probably have to specify them by hand on the compile line. Try setting the CFLAGS environment variable to -I/usr/local/arm/include and LIBS -l/usr/local/arm/lib and running configure again - hopefully it will detect these and build them into the appropriate Makefiles.

Regards,

CptD> Could someone please clue me in on how to use these when

  | Damion de Soto --------------------------------------------------
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Damion de Soto

Yeah, I discovered that my dev box had gcc 4.1 installed, which was causing all the trouble.... I must have installed it by accident / carelessness / stupidity (apt-get dist-upgrade instead of apt-get upgrade may have been one way....)

The toolchain just will not build correctly with gcc 4.1.

--Yan

--
  o__
 Click to see the full signature