Port Linux on PDA

Hello,

We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and
port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or
arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a
web browser that supports flash player.

The distribution has to be very efficient as the processors on the
PDA's are very poor. This means that we won't be wanting to use a
window system like Xwindows.

How should we proceed???

Inpreet Singh

Re: Port Linux on PDA

find the gcc or small c compiler that has the headers and stuff for the
particular processor and start there.

Re: Port Linux on PDA

Get a glance at the Opie platform- it bases on Qt which operates directly on
the framebuffer thus speeding up graphical operations.

http://opie.handhelds.org

or contact me directly if you have any questions.

Oliver

Re: Port Linux on PDA

look at the screen, if its 640x240 or smaller then drop this idea

Re: Port Linux on PDA

We are using Toshiba LTM04C380K with touch screen connector with
resolution  640 x 480. Would it work fine now. Please guide me thru. I
have visited http://opie.handhelds.org site found some useful
information. but still don't know which way should I move?

Site Timeline