nm gives "no symbol"

hi all, I'm compiling some example from flnx, running on nano-X: I correctly compile nano-X and his examples, but compiling flnx examples, I get some undefined symbols, such as "undefined reference to `GrText'".

I verified with nm the contents of nano-X library, but nm gives "no symbol" message.

Any idea? is the nano-X library wrong, or have I compiled incorrectly flnx example?

My compilation line is gcc tile.o ../lib/libfltk.a -DNANO_X=1 -L/usr/local/lib

-L/home/AMDgiammy/microwindows-0.90/src/lib ../../microwindows-0.90/src/lib/libnano-X.a -lm -o tile

running on a mips system, gcc version 3.3.4,

Configured with: /home/andersen/CVS/buildroot/toolchain_build_mipsel/gcc-3.3.4/configure

--prefix=/usr --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu --host=mipsel-linux-uclibc

--target=mipsel-linux-uclibc --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared

--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++ --disable-__cxa_atexit

--enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --disable-nls --enable-multilib

--enable-sjlj-exceptions Thread model: posix

Reply to
giangiammy

It is almost certainly wrong for an archive library to not contain a symbol table. Perhaps some{one,thing} strip(1)ed it by mistake?

Cheers,

Remove /-nsp/ for email.
Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

It's probably stripped. Try using "objdump -T" (-R is also useful) instead of "nm".

Jon

---- Learn to program using Linux assembly language

Jonathan Bartlett