new RTC hw and panic() procedure

Hi
Two questions please:
1. I have a new RTC hardware on my PPC board. I would like to connect
the clock to the Linux's real time clock, so the date() call will read
the time from my RTC hardware (or driver)
How can I do so?

2. I would like to decrease the time of panic procedure (the time from
panic() was called till the kernel boot starts. Do you know what are
the steps during the panic() call that are not really necessary?What
are the steps that panic() call does? Do you know some good link that
can explain it?

Thanks a lot

Site Timeline