Looking for Proxy Appliance

I am looking for someone who knows how to convert a NAT Router to a Proxy
Box.  We have an application that works with a Proxy, and we are looking for
a simple "Router Type" box, that will act as a proxy.  There are lots of NAT
ROUTERS out there...why is there not a Proxy solution amongst them.  I have
several NAT Type routers, and not one of them will do.  Does anyone know how
to convert these simple devices to a Proxy?

I know I will get a lot of "Why are using a Proxy"'? questions, so don't
ask.  If you don't know, let me know how you would solve this problem?  Can
a :"BUSYBOX" do this?

Thanks.

Eric