Looking for Embedded Linux Guru to Architect next generation video conferencing system

Hi,

I begin by apologizing for coming into your group, one of the last bastions of privacy, but I would like your help and it won't take but a couple of minutes to either flame or help me. I prefer the former, but will take the latter.

The candidates I've found via the traditional recruiting methods, with the appropriate Guru status, are not available for a variety of reasons so I have come to you seeking your assistance to help promote synergy.

If you have a moment, here is the link presenting the project. If I have violated a protocol, I apologize and will remove myself from your group immediately.

However, if you have an interest, please let me know and let's take it from there.

Cheers,

Michael A Williams

408 884-3824 snipped-for-privacy@spherion.com

Here is the job description and questions the Hiring Manager would like me to present as a part of your profile.

We are looking for 2 Linux engineers. Here are the summary of the requirements and the sample questions you could phone screen. Please note we are looking for candidates who develop embedded Linux as opposed to folks who uses Linux. (1) Linux device driver and kernel internal engineer At least 7 years of industry experience At least 5 years of Linux system background in networking or I/O device driver BSP bringup experience on PPC architecture will be helpful Preferably CS major, will consider EE major Strong communication skills Strong programming skills

Sample questions: What type of hardware architecture have you worked on? How long have you worked on Linux and other Operating Systems? What type of device drivers have you worked on? Which version of the Linux have you worked on? Describe project where you have to address GPL compliant issue. What other type of RTOS or embedded OS have you worked on?

(2) Linux system packaging and configuration engineer At least 7 years of industry experience BSP bringup experience on PPC architecture will be helpful At least 3-5 years of Linux packaging and configuration management Preferably CS major, will consider EE major Strong communication skills Strong programming skills

Sample questions: How long have you worked on Linux BSP packaging? On what hardware architecture? Are you familiar with GNU tool chains? What changes need to be made in cross-compilation? What kind of source code control system have you used? How long have you worked on embedded system?

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to
IT_Staffer

IT_Staffer

No, we still get spammers here on occasion.

Flames he wants - that's new See if you can find this RFC

3098 How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-Mail and Newsgroups or - how NOT to $$$$$ MAKE ENEMIES FAST! $$$$$. T. Gavin, D. Eastlake 3rd, S. Hambridge. April 2001. (Format: TXT=64687 bytes) (Also FYI0038) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

And you can't figure out how? You tend to trip over these kinds of people up near San Antonio Road. Also near 237. Maybe you have a bad rep. Wonder Why

Didn't bother to read the charter either, huh? Big clue - the newsgroup doesn't have the word "jobs" in the title. Or has everyone got you killfiled on ba.jobs.* for some reason.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin