cross ldconfig from intel host to ppc target

Hello all, I'm working on a PPC (Pallas) based STB with network boot and all the rootdisk filesystem in RAM. I build the binaries from an intel linux box and pack all together in a kernel + initrd image file.

What I'm not able to do is to build a /lib/ld.so.cache file using a (chrooted) ldconfig on the PPC filesystem from the intel box (because I don't have a crosscompiled ldconfig).

Any help to solve my problem would be welcome :-)

Best Regards, Gianni

Reply to
Gianni

Do you mean /etc/ld.so.cache right ? You have to cross compile ldconfig for your target processor. Ciao

Marco Cavallini ============================================== Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineering (x86 and ARM) Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Software Klinux : the embedded distribution for industrial applications - Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner - Intel PCA Developer Network member Via Pascoli, 3 - 24121 Bergamo - ITALIA Tel. (++39) 035-255.235 - Fax (++39) 178-223.9748

-

Marco Cavallini

Yes

OK, it seems to be the right thing but, did anyone already do that? is it simple?

Ciao Gianni

Reply to
Gianni