linux 2.2 and usb

Hi! I have ARM7 based device with Linux 2.2.25 on it. On this device I also have National USBN9603 USB IC sitting on I2C bus. I need advice to help me understand how I can organize communication between this device and host (windows or Linux) computer. Something similar to serial interface. My knowledge in this area is limited and I will appreciate any help.

Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alex K.

So your device is the periopharal device.

Thus the new USB gadget Driver is most likely what you need. I'm afraid, that this driver won't be available with Linux 2.2.something. It is supposed to be in 2.6 but there should be backports for 2.4 as well.

Sven

--
"In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good
operating systems" (Linus Torvalds, August 1997)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web
Reply to
Sven Geggus