Philips P89C668: In System Programming through I2C

Hi all,

I am doing a project, which is based on Philips 8051 microcontroller, P89C668.

Right now, i have to implement a In system programming in the project. Unfortunately, my hardware do not has Serial port connected, therefore, i cannot use the standard ISP Boot ROM and Flash Magic as provided.

However, the only communication i have between controller and the host is I2C bus.

What i planned to do is to write a Boot loader, which can communicate with the host through I2C bus, and able to write into the flash memory of controller, in order to perform ISP/IAP.

Can anyone guide me on this, maybe on i2C communication and ISP, Because i try IAP, but i failed to write into the memory and i need someone to guide me on writing the I2c Communication routine in assembly.

thanks all for help

-seah

Reply to
seahcj

visit

Joseph Goldburg

Hi,

I have searched thru the philips website, but i failed to do the IAP.

Anyone here try IAP on P89C668 before, can leave me email address or leave message here, so that i can contact you directly? Thanks

my email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
seahcj