Limiting ramdisk size

Hi.

Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried
through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for
this. A coworker has performed some search in the net upon my request
but he could not find any hint either. We are using kernel 2.6.18. We
are willing to patch the kernel if we have to (provided it is within
our limited knowledge).

Thank you very much in advance.

Elder.

Re: Limiting ramdisk size

Answering to my own post as it can be useful to somebody: one can
mount the tmpfs with size=4m (for 4MB size) in the options field. I
just do not understand what the size constant in the kernel
configurator as well as the rd driver are for.

Regards.

Elder.

Site Timeline