Kernel update to 2.6.x.x, do we need a glibc update?

currently we are running a 2.4.26 Linux kernel on an embedded PPC
machine and a corresponding glibc 2.2.5. Everything works fine.

Now we want to upgrade to a Linux kernel 2.6.x.x.
Do we have to recompile our glibc with updated header files?
Or is the system call interface of the 2.6.x.x backwards compatible to
the system call interface of a 2.4.x kernel?
We want to keep the currently used glibc if possible.

Thanx and kind regards

Site Timeline