problem about CPU load testing on PPC750

Hi all:

I have added OpenSS7 SCTP patches to MontaVista Linux(based on 2.4.20), and run the kernel on PPC750 with a Root File Systemon a PC with SuSE

  1. And I use iperf(a TCP,SCTP/UDP traffic generator) to test the bindwidth of the SCTP traffic.

And now, I want to test the CPU load of the traffic, due to some reason, I need to find a test tool based on counter-based algorithm to calculate the CPU load of process.(not the timer-based one)

I found oprofile is nice one, but it doesnt support 2.4 kernel. I found top is easy to use, but it seems based on timer-based.

So, anyone who can help me or give me some ideas?

Thanks!

Kev

Reply to
kevin

OpenSS7 modified the HP netperf tool to work with the Linux Native Sockets SCTP. Also, we have a new release (not quite yet available for download) of Linux Native SCTP that installs on a kernel without patching it. Also soon to be released is the netperf tool that does CPU load testing as well.

--brian

kev> Hi all:

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org

Hi Brian:

When you can release the NEW netperf tool for PowerPC?

And now, I test the CPU load the SCTP stack when there is traffic load by analysing the information in /proc with command "top", and I hope I can use some tool to make it.

Kev

Reply to
kevin

It is next on my todo list.

--brian

kev> Hi Brian:

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org

Are these changes to 2.4.0 (which has the sctp library version of SCTP support already) or something older?

I'm particularly curious to hear more about the CPU load testing as CPU utilization measurement in netperf is always a "fun" area.

rick "mr netperf" jones

                                                    - Rick Jones
Rick Jones

Modifications were made on netperf 2.3 release. Modifications were made not only for "sockets" (our Linux Native Sockets version of SCTP) but were also made for STREAMS (our STREAMS version of SCTP). I didn't know there was a 2.4.0 release, I'll endeavour to port forward the modifications.

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org