JFFS2 as root FS

Hello,

my target is PPC405. When configuring it to start from a root FS JFFS2, I
get a message "Kernel panic: No init found.".

It seems not to be enabled to run the /sbin/init program.

My stages were:

1. To start a board from NFS as root. Run the mkfs.jffs2 on the target.

As a result, I get a jffs2 image, which I've burned by debugger to a flash.

Only for test, the mount command to mount the jffs2 works well. I see the FS
folders and files.

2. To start a board from JFFS2 as root. -And here I get the error message!

May be, somebody has any idea?

Thank you very much.

Re: JFFS2 as root FS

1. Does your system have both the Flash drive and the JFFS
    driver built-in (not modules)?

2. Is there a /sbin/init on the JFFS filesystem?

3. Are the libraries needed by the /sbin/init program
    present on the JFFS filesystem?

    You can check the dynamic libraries needed by it
    by running the ldd command on the executable.

    My Debian for the PC tells:

    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4001a000)

    The dynamic loader (/lib/ld-linux.so) needs some configuration
    files as well, see the ld.so manual page.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: JFFS2 as root FS
Thank you.
Your #3 suggestion was really good. I sow the problem in the lib directory.
After I solved it, the problem disappeared.
flash.
the FS
message!

Re: JFFS2 as root FS

--- clip clip ---

Thanks. Positive feedback keeps the response engine running.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Site Timeline