Root fs mystery

sudo raspi-config utility to expand the root file system, but I got an error message saying the /dev/root not exist, nor any symbolic link, so the expansion failed.

I took another SD card, another Raspbian Jessie, and tried the raspi-config expansion, and it worked on this SD card.

Both SD cards are Raspbian Jessie, the only difference is, the first one, which does not have /dev/root, is upgraded from Wheezy, and the second one, is copied directly form the official image file.

When I tried df command, both cards showed /dev/root, but when I look at the /dev, I cannot find /dev/root.

I am wondering where exactly is this /dev/root symbolic link? How can I enable it for the raspi-config SD expansion utility to work on the first card?

Thank you.

Reply to
abc