embedded sound card ?

What options do I have when it comes to embeddind sound card in my
design ? I want input/output >22%KHz mono (voice and FAX)

I found PCM2906, DS4201 and few alike, but its USB, and I have no USB
in my design, only bunch of GPIO pins or memory mapping.

All that I can think of is connecting old ISA sound card to my board.
Are there any modern options ?

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r35%2019

Yes, use a generic audio codec from Analog Devices or others. Interfaces
parallel or serial.

Meindert

Re: embedded sound card ?

Thanks, I guess I didnt know what to look for. Now I found AD74111 and
AD73311. They sure look promising. I just hope that programming will be
easy (Linux).

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r35%2019
Re: embedded sound card ?
What options do I have when it comes to embeddind sound card in my
design ? I want input/output >22%KHz mono (voice and FAX)

I found PCM2906, DS4201 and few alike, but its USB, and I have no USB
in my design, only bunch of GPIO pins or memory mapping.

All that I can think of is connecting old ISA sound card to my board.
Are there any modern options ?

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r35%2019
Re: embedded sound card ?

We had an old project that used an Analogue Devices 0800 chip attached
to GPIO lines of a coldfire processor.
the driver is available for the 2.0.x linux kernel, and could fairly
easily be ported to 2.2.x, 2.4.x or 2.6.x kernels.

Not sure if AD sell the hardware anymore, but the driver is in our
snapgear linux distribution
snapgear-3.1.1/linux-2.0.x/drivers/char/dac0800.c
from
ftp.snapgear.org/pub/snapgear/src/snapgear-3.1.1.tar.gz

regards

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com
Re: embedded sound card ?

this is great, thank you
I think i can easily adopt this code to some new DAC chip.

Pozdrawiam.