How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

dear all, I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9 platform? which file in kernel should I modify?

Reply to
John Huntington

Mouse cursor or console cursor? For the mouse cursor there should be an API to control (X), for console cursor there should be control sequences to hide or show it (take a look into the ncurses library).

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

Mouse cursor! It dispalys on a LCD screen, someone told me to modify the kernel to hide or dispaly it, but I don't know which file should I modify!

Reply to
John Huntington

It seems you are running a fdev based graphical environment. Or an X based? If X based a better place for the modification would be the X driver, otherwise the framebuffer driver for your hardware. Or simply use a cursor theme with transparent images.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

I suppose you don't have any mouse hardware, so that you don't need the mouse cursor or you want to hide it and make it reappear at some later time.

Could you not just position the mouse cursor off the screen by an appropriate system call ?

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Transparent images maybe the best! Thank you very much! I don't know what is it based, but in the filesystem I can see some files and directories named X11 etc. !

"Juergen Beisert" ??????:fenhui$kej$00$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t->

Reply to
John Huntington