Solid State Harddisk

I would like to have opinion about Solid State Harddisk. It would be great if my notebook computer is using this.

thank you Padmow

Reply to
padmow

I've got a 10MB solid state hard drive in a 2.5" IDE format. Make an offer. mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
mike

Yes it would be great, I hope your notebook does use one.

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

You mean like a 1 gig USB flash drive? GG

Reply to
stratus46

Disk-on-chip from M-Systems:

You better have a lot money if you want to buy anything from them.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have two 16MB M-Disk ICs plugged into two ICOP PC-104 cards. They work very well on these essentially 386-40 computers. I've even put Win 3.11 on them with a ram disk but later returned to a DOS only environment.

What I want to know is if any of you guys ever connected a CF card to the IDE port and used DOS to format it into a proper HD structure? The result is easily loads more storage for the dollar than an M-Disk. Note the M-Disk is in a 600 mil DIP and plugs in as any JEDEC byte wide device would. The BIOS on the ICOP is set to boot this socket so having a CF on the IDE port means no special BIOS options are needed.

Reply to
Lord Garth

No, my only experience was installing Embedded NT and the custom software in telemetry equipment using the 40 MB part on 586 (Cyrix) based PC104 boards.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Having worked at Cyrix, I shudder when their CPU is mentioned....

The damn chip was huge and therefore costly, it ran an easy 30 degrees F hotter than Intel and their attitude toward known bugs was "f*ck them, let 'em buy a new chip." At the time, ECS was the only company that modified their boards to work with Cyrix. I wonder just why National bought them? I have a few Cyrix dice here in the museum.

Though these guys were founder by Sevin Rosen Group, it wasn't one eighth the company that other Sevin Rosen ventures were.

Reply to
Lord Garth