glibc

I hope this is the right group for this question. If not, please send me packing to the correct place :)

I am developing for an embedded target (RH 6.2). To do so, the vendor recommends glibc21 be used. I installed it and found in a seperate file the i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh, which sets LDEMULATION and GCC_EXEC_PREFIX.

My environment: 2.4.24 kernel, RedHat 7.2, g++ 3.3.2. The kernel is a custom build so that the MTD drivers are enabled. When I created it, i used the i686 profile (instead of the i386), and this has resulted in the include search path trying to find GCC_EXEC_PREFIX + /i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/../../../../include/c++/3.3.2

After various include attempts, the preprocessor defaults to /usr/local/include/c++/3.3.2 , etc...

Similarly, the link fails because (i think) the wrong libstdc++.so is being brought in. Actually, i'm thinking that maybe this library would not be needed if the compile referenced the appropriate includes.

I realize this looks like quite a mess!

My questions are: is there a glibc21 setup that can be used with g++ 3.3.2 in a RH 7.2 environment? If so, how can I set it up? If not, what should I change to achieve this compatibility?

I can create a -static exe under 3.3.2, but it's too big, and for a reason I can't explain yet, it still doesn't run in the target environment. I think. I just can't see what's going on there :)

I think i need some expert help with this one.

Reply to
Mark Richards