Error in porting a running Http Application to uClinux-2.0.38

Hi All,

I have an http Client program which is to fetch an mp3 file from an apache server.The program works fine on the Linux Platform-kernel 2.4.18,when it is made to transfer an mp3 from a machine having "httpd" running.But when the application is ported to the Board after using gcc optimizations for the board.The program runs but does not fetch the file.I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT THIS PROJECT WAS DONE TILL THIS LEVEL BY ANOTHER PERSON,HE HAS LEFT THE COMPANY.I have been given this project to Qualify for joining the Company as a permanent Employee.The programmer had used static arrays in the program except 3 char pointers.One of these pointers is malloc-ed for (char *)1460 bytes.This pointer is used for building the request to the Apache server.When this request Line is fully built with the 0xd and 0xa to specify the end of the request string I found a dump of the following strings on the telnet screen

"status==GCONV_INPUT_FULL||status==GCONV_INPUT_EMPTY||......."along with the request string.The above mentioned code snippet is not in the program file.But these strings could be could be there in one of the dependency rw.c,ioctl.c and some other .c files in the Makefile.

If you can please let me know the dependencies I would need to get this program running on the NET+ARM.

when this request is send to the Apache server ,The Apache server responds saying that there is a Request Error.

Pls let me know what u feel about this error and how to fix it.Is there a network byte order problem.I have been able to ftp the binaries into the board and they work fine.So is there a network byte ordering problem.If there is how do I fix it.Thanks.

George.

Reply to
leo