Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?

Hi, anybody aware of cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP? My lab wants to evaluate future possibility of VxWorks as software platform in our research project of reconfigurable computing. Architecture doesn't matter at this stage.

Thanks for any information!

XD

Reply to
XINGDE WONG

Err... "cheap" and "VxWorks" are orthagonal concepts. Before it's all said and done, you'll pay $25K/seat to get at the features that make VxWorks worthwhile. Unless, perhaps, you are an academic institution.

For "cheap" realtime look at eCos or RTEMS.

Reply to
Ian McBride

Reply to
Kyle

I will talk to my boss. I think he will be interested if price is OK.

What is the status of the board? Does it have BSP including Tornado and Vxworks? What is the version of Tornado and Vxworks? What price would you ask for the board? Please send the info via email if you are interested in sell it.

Reply to
XINGDE WONG

Xingde,

Judging from your questions, I think you may misunderstand what a BSP is. The BSP (Board Support Package) is an interface library that provides the glue between vxWorks which is very generic, and the underlying hardware. For example, BSP functions talk to the actual hardware to initialize the ethernet controller, memory mapping registers, realtime clock interrupts, route interrupts, etc. Tornado is the development environment used to develop applications that run under vxWorks. It also contains some (but not much) support for working with the BSP itself. Wind River provides BSPs for most popular off the shelf boards. If you are developing a new platform, you are faced with the somewhat unpleasent task of creating your own BSP. Usually, you pick an existing BSP as a starting point and modify it to work with the specifics of your target.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Dotson

Thanks a lot! Now I see Tornado is the really expensive thing.

Reply to
XINGDE WONG