Expansion serial ports on Hitachi MS7750RSE01 Solution Engine and Monta Vista Linux?

I need a third serial port for a demonstration running Monta Vista Linux
on a Hitachi MS7750RSE01 Solution Engine (little endian.)  I'm already
using the two ports (CN2 and CN3) that come populated with DB-9
connectors and are supported by the default Monta Vista kernel.

Has anybody used the expansion port serial interfaces successfully?  I'd
appreciate clues on modifications to serial.h or whatever else is
necessary...

Thanks very much!

--
Will Marchant