Embedded System without Video Adapter but with Keyboard

I have a system without Video Adapter. However, I need the keyboard
device to operate the system via an LCD display.

When I redirect the console to a serial port (which seems to be the
usual procedure for systems without VGA adapters) the keyboard is also
deactivated.

Does anybody know how to achieve this?

Thank you for any hint!

Mathias...

Re: Embedded System without Video Adapter but with Keyboard

From my point of view, best solution would be usage of the (quite) new
input drivers. This way you don't have to read from a tty, but directly from
the input device (here: your keyboard). But I don't know if there are
drivers available for all kind of keyboards (USB, PS2, ...).

best regards,
Reiner

Site Timeline