Serial to crt or vga adapter

I want to get a small pc104 powerpc board but most have no video or if they do it is in the form of a lcd output. So how am i suppose to output the video to a crt screen. I have a special screen that is to my specs and i am forced to use it. It is a vga 640X480 60hz 16color screen and i just want to output some text from a small embedded board. So any suggestions like using a serial to vga adapter to output the text? So if you know of any adapters please email back. Chris White

Reply to
test

Why does it have to be PowerPC?

Reply to
larwe

Just add a VGA PC/104 card to the PC/104 stack.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Mike Harrison

Sounds like an ideal fit for our Vga-232 module :)

Supports scaled Text, and uses a simple string interface, outputs

640x480 16 colours.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Boy, this brings back memories. Especially when I visited the site and saw (e)ANSI.

I've worked for a couple of public display companies (airports, public transport etc) where this kind of gizmo was fairly common. Somewhere on this drive I have antique code (wot I writ) for a script language (wot I devised) for driving them...

Bah. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. ;)

Steve

PS: this led me on a bit of a hunt which yielded this, from the early days of GPS:

The last page has a dodgy picture of me. You have been warned. (Hint: I'm the bald-yet-still-hairy primate on the left.)

Steve at fivetrees