Embedded System with TFT display wanted

Hello group, I am looking for an embedded system with a 6'' TFT display. The system will be used as a "remote control" for an air-conditioning system. The communication between the remote control and the air-conditioning system will be done with an RS-232 connection. So basically the only job, the device has to accomplish, is to show a couple of icons in several menus and to send the user's commands (by hardware buttons or a touch screen) to the central unit. The remote control should be, of course, as cheap as possible.

I am a software engineer and have only little knowledge about hardware. My task is to develop a protype until next march. So the embedded system should come along with a good develpment kit (C) and a meaningful documenation with a lot of examples to make it as simple as possible for me to dig into it - without a soldering iron, of course ;-)

Thanks in advance, Mate

Reply to
Max Mustermann

hi you might take a look at