embedded Java projects

Hi Experts,

Is something like this usually done ?

Is there a reliable open source Java byte code interpreter done in C language ?

What open source options are there to use a PC to create Java byte code from Java source code, that can be modified in a way that all GUI stuff is removed so that embedded projects are created and maybe additional propriety instructions can be introduced (e.g. for real time extensions, process scheduling, ..., if such is really necessary)? I suppose Eclipse might be first choice here, but this is a huge beast.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Hello,

I'm no expert, but maybe you can take a look at Kaffe.

Regards

Reply to
Sebastian

looking at this and the links they provide seems encouraging.

Thanks,

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell