Peak CAN drivers on ARM

Has anyone been able to compile and use the PEAK CAN drivers on an ARM processor? I have an Intel IXP425 processor board and a PEAK dual channel CAN card but the drivers cause modprobe to partially load the driver and then core dump.

Peak was pretty much useless when I asked them for help. The answer I got was "we are not aware of anyone using the card with an ARM processor. If you figure it out then please let us know how you did it."

I also noted that their driver did not compile cleanly with the 2.6 source tree. I had to rearrange some of the includes in the source files to get a clean compile. I kept getting an undefined macro: something about a PAGE_SIZE number. Compilation success was also dependent upon the level of CAN device support I included. When compiling the driver for an ISA only CAN card it would not compile. I had to include support for another type of CAN device in addition: something like a USB or parallel port dongle.

thoughts?

Reply to
noone

noone ha scritto:

Hi, please post more details, logs, dmesg about the problem you're facing to.

BTW I suggest you to use SocketCAN that have PEAK CAN devices support, because Socket-CAN provides an API for CAN devices based on BSD sockets. Both an implementation within the Linux networking stack and a hard-RT capable variant for RTDM are being developed. This is a more modern and easy to use CAN driver than traditional one. We provide an original SocketCAN patch for kernel 2.6.18 here

and the website is here

regards

--
Marco Cavallini