----eeprom data format

Dear all,

I am working on linux embeded system(TV set). The system need to save user and in-work parameters on eeprom. I need to know the good format to store them.

the procedure I am using is like this: open eeprom device read all data into bufer close eeprom device search buffer for data as per offset read or write para into the right position. open eeprom device save all buffer into eeprom close eeprom device

The procedure is very safe? I worry it read and write parameters by mistake. Some experienced guy can give me good advice?

Thanks indeed

Bill Zhao

Reply to
Bill Zhao