PIC Data EEPROM

Hi All I am currently using a 18f4431 to control motor position. During program execution I have a few variables I store to the internal Data EEProm. Some of these get updated every time the motor is commanded to move, and some only during a calibration routine which may only happen once. But all variables get read during a power up. The problem is these varibles are getting corrupt after a power down-power up. During exectution I am reading the data EEProm values and outputting them to a HyperTerm screen, so it appears the are being stored Okay. I have the brown out voltage enabled to

2.0 v. I don't understand how come they are not correct after a power down, could anyone please Help.
Reply to
bill

,

Suggest you to increase the brown out voltage. Also i fail to understand how you have set the BOV to 2.0 as datasheet tells me you can't set the BOV to 2.0V for 18F4431

-dK

Reply to
dk

Yes you are correct should of been _BORV_20_2L. I did try and increase value to _BORV_42_0L with no success. However I was able to resolve this problem, seems with slow Vdd rise times ( Hi All