EEPROM dump data extraction help

Dear all.

I have an EEPROM dump off of a AMD AM29F400B EEPROM, used in an electronic control unit, which is "mated" to another control unit by a number. In this case, the number is "675407". In the interest of moving the first control unit to another system, with a different number, I need to be able to change this number in the EEPROM.

The problem is I have no idea how the data in the EEPROM was encoded. If anyone would like to help me find the address of this number, the hex file is at

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what to look for, or how to interpret the data. If it helps, the ECU was made by Siemens, around

1995. Thanks!

Jacob

Reply to
theshadow27

Dear all.

I have an EEPROM dump off of a AMD AM29F400B EEPROM, used in an electronic control unit, which is "mated" to another control unit by a number. In this case, the number is "675407". In the interest of moving the first control unit to another system, with a different number, I need to be able to change this number in the EEPROM.

The problem is I have no idea how the data in the EEPROM was encoded. If anyone would like to help me find the address of this number, the hex file is at

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what to look for, or how to interpret the data. If it helps, the ECU was made by Siemens, around

1995. Thanks!

Jacob

Reply to
theshadow27

can you get a dump from another eeprom and than compare the files? I looked at the hexfile and don't see anything obvious. was this an 8080 cpu? rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

The problem with comparing the two eeproms is that there is a lot of the same things in both. However, I am pretty sure that it is between adresses 6000 and 7800 DEC, by comparing the files.

I am not sure of the cpu. Does it matter? If so I can find out.

Reply to
theshadow27

with a good hexeditor you can compare both hexfiles and highlite the differences between them. I got an editor lets you load x hexfiles, only limited by your cmptrs memory size. the program does not appear be running on a 8080/z80, looks like F8 code to me, (Fairchild F8) or could be National SCMP??? rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl