DRM functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux

Hi all, I need to incorporate Digital Rights Management(DRM) functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux for a portable device. Kindly let me know what approaches can be done to bring up this functionality in linux. Is there any open source on DRM for mplayer?

Thanks in Advance, Kodpadi

Reply to
a81kodpadi

That seems to me a technical misnomer. Probably you mean:

Digital Restrictions Management(DRM)

Well you could sign a (your) Linux kernel binary, and have the bootloader check that against some securely stored hash. And so on. However how are you going to be sure someone isn't just VCR or MD taping the show, or running the whole thing (including bootloader) in a captureing emulator?

Well, there is a device driver for the TPM from IBM:

Who knows? Maybe ask the mplayer developers.

Good (or bad) luck ...

--
-Menno.
Reply to