running from a mounted partition on embedded linux

Hello,

I am a little newbie to embedded systems. I got from a company we work with a MIPS based board which runs Linux OS on it.

I am developing an app for that board on a Fedora Desktop ;

There is no way to put the app I develop by ftp on that board.

so for the debugging cycle I use nfs mount, and tha app resides on a folder which is nfs mounted.

My question is : is the performance significantly lower when running thus ?

regards, John

Reply to
john