Demo of firefox browser + embedded linux on mips AU1200

Hello Developers,

We have a demo distribution of Firefox Browser with our graphics framework running on AU1200 based DBau1200 board.

Please visit

for more details.

Regards Vasant

Reply to
vkanchan

Just several questions:

1) Is there any snapshot picture for this demo? 2) How much is MicroXWin system? 3) What's the h/w requirement (FLASH & RAM) in order to get a complete MicroXWin application to run on board? 4) How about DirectFB or graphic hardware acceleration support?

Thanks, Marco Wang

Reply to
Marco Wang

Hi Marco,

Demo is based on gtk+-2.6.10 and is standard firefox-1.5 version. It includes blackbox window manager, leafpad editor and galculator. The distribution is about 35MB and can be further slimmed down. Firefox is a memory hog so I would recommend 128MB for runtime. Minimo would run in 64MB.

Basic MicroXwin could fit in 1MB flash. Although much smaller the value is really in performance.

Regards Vasant

Reply to
vkanchan