Compiling hello_world.c

Hello,

I ported linux 2.4 (snapgear 3.0.0 distribution) to my Xscale IXP425 embedded platform. I wanted to test my linux enviroment in xscale IXDP425 board by running hello world program.

I tried in my x86 pc (running redhat linux) to run the following command:

\home\malsaie> arm-linux-gcc hello_world.c

but I encountered the following error:

/usr/local/arm-linux/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Have anyone seen this error before?

Also how do I download my a.out (hello_world.c executable) from my x86 pc (running redhat Linux) to my xscale IXDP425 embedded platform? How do I do it?

Thank you and I look forward to hear from you.

regards, Marwan Younis

Reply to
Marwan Younis