Developing wince applications

Hello,

I didn't really know where to ask, I suspect I can find here an answer.
Here's my question: what tools are needed to develop applications
running under XScale processor on wince system (ms windows mobile 2003)
using x86 linux system?
It would be something similar to mingw, which allows developing x86
windows applications on linux.
I would like to write a tiny program and I'm looking for something to
avoid MS Embedded Visual (or something, it's a bit crappy because it
doesn't let inline assembler routines).

Regards.

--
Lukasz Goralczyk