Company for GUI development ?

Hi,

i am looking for a company with experience in custom GUI development for Linux. The GUI we strive for uses overlays with graphic symbols (not rectangular grey) on a live video. Either on blank framebuffer or some toolkit.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

josimda

Reply to
josimda

We have used OpenGL for this type of application. If one wants to go all the way, one can end up having the type of graphics animation used in modern games. So far we have only used the 2D subset, which provides all one needs for this sort of thing. We got the basics going in less than a week using some of the books recommended on the OpenGL web site.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Thanks for the hint. I've made that in a similar way for a former project. Unfortunately with DirectDraw for Windows XP. Now we will have a PXA270 board, No X Server, just /dev/fb0, display

320x240, Debian based. I don't know much about OpenGL. Will it run on such configuration ? We also have to use some standard widgets, comboboxes and listboxes. It should be also possible to use asian fonts. Is it advisable to use GLUT or OpenGL for doing that ?

Regards,

Simon

Reply to
josimda

I think you'll need a basic X Server. You do not need a desktop or window manager for OpenGL. I think one can use a basic frame-buffer as the display for an X-Server. To find out exactly what dependancies OpenGL has, it is probably best to ask on an OpenGL forum. With the development of 3D graphics chipsets for the mobile phone market, it is quite probable that one should be able to use OpenGL on the setup you have.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus