Low-Cost IXP425 Development Board

I'm looking for an inexpensive IXP425 development board (< $500). The Intel's IXDP425 & ADI's Coyote are quite expensive(> $2500 is what the price info I got from some vendors..Is it really so expensive?).This is just to get hands-on experience with Linux on XScale.It would be better if the board supports expansion, for ex. a provision to add a SLIC/CODEC interface to HSS & close to IXDP425 or Coyote in design. Thanks in Advance

Regards, DSKR

Reply to
DSKR

If an IXP420 with only one of the ethernet ports available is acceptable, you might try the Linksys NSLU2. It's cheap (~$50US), runs Redboot, has a USB ECHCI host controller with 2 USB ports.

see

for Linux dist.

The only expansion, however is the USB bus.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460